Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hand Painted Fabric - Green Pink Silk


One of my first scarf experiments was done with white 8mm habotai silk from Dharma Trading Company. I folded the long piece of fabric and with a foam brush added pink blotches of Jacquard Dye na flow magenta diluted. Because it was folded the paint seeped through the layers of fabric. I then hung the fabric in my shower to dry.
After two days I ironed the fabric to heat set the color.

I took a small sponge brush and dipped the side into Jacquard Emerald Dye na flow paint and sponged the leaf design on.

After it dried I let it sit for a day and then ironed it.
I waited a few more days before I washed it in very mild detergent called synthroapol and then rinsed it with Milsoft a professional textile softener. It came out very soft and supple with no indication of paint having been painted on to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment